Do you want to make a difference and save lives by working with our customers to protect their employees, their investments, and ensure they follow safety regulations? Do you enjoying working with your hands? Do you like to travel? Join the Lighthouse Safety team as our newest Installer of Fall Protection Systems!
What Makes this Job Awesome?
Our Installer is tasked with managing the installation and inspection process to deliver a finished product with excellence and providing superior service to the customer at every point. As an installation and inspection expert, the Lead Installer maintains vigorous quality control to ensure the highest quality standards.
As the Installer, you get to visit customer sites in a wide array of unique industries very few get to experience; working hand in hand with the safety and management professionals at these Fortune 1000 companies to install unique fall protection solutions to ensure their employees go home safe each day.
The installation technician/inspector is tasked with completing the installation and inspection process to deliver a finished product with excellence and providing superior service to the customer at every point. As an installation and inspection expert, the technician maintains vigorous quality control to ensure the highest quality standards.
- Installation of new or modified fall protection systems at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Must work in a safe manner, with zero incidents as the goal.
- Sets up hoisting/rigging equipment for raising and placing structural steel. Fastens to cable of hoist with chain, cable, or rope.
- Signals workers operating hoisting equipment to lift and place worker when required.
- Implements controls to abate or minimize safety hazards.
- Must be able to operate various types of Aerial Lifts.
- Must be able to operate Forklifts (boom and mast), Skid Steer Loaders, and other equipment.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in austere and often inclement conditions.
- Must be able to work at heights attained by climbing and use of equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to travel up to 75%. Weekend work might be required.
- Must have a clear background (no felonies) as background checks are performed for entrance to some jobsites.
- Must be able to drive and operate personal and/or company vehicles, owned or rented.
- Must be able to read and interpret plans and instructions at an intermediate level or above.
- Must be able to perform the work without continuous instruction or sustained direct supervision.
- Must be able to read, understand and complete the forms required for work.
- Confirm all deliveries are accurate and complete.
- Reviews documentation from customer and field representative and inspects malfunctioning machines and equipment for accident prevention devices, and/or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Coordinates with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs and to ensure correct installation.
- Keeps communication link between customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Significant demonstrated leadership and working experience with a broad knowledge base of general construction.
- Demonstrated construction site experience, especially at height, working with structural steel and concrete.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to read and speak English fluently.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
Must Meet All OSHA standards for working at heights, including:
- Ability to climb and utilize equipment on site including various ladders rated for 325 lbs.
- Must meet OSHA fall protection standards for at height work limited at 310lbs. Standard 1926.502(d)(16)(v)
- Must be able to meet equipment standards for fall protection (harness, anchor ropes, etc.) with a maximum capacity of 310 lbs.
Special/Particular Requirements (safety, physical, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the successful candidate must be able to work at heights attained by climbing and use of equipment. This position is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, and outside weather conditions. This position is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee may be required to lift up to 100 lbs. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A passion for safety and providing superior service.
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal instruction.
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable
- Detail and timeline oriented
Who is Lighthouse Safety?
Lighthouse Safety offers several services to help you exceed Fall Protection standards. We can provide you with an assessment of your fall hazards and help you pick out the appropriate equipment and Fall Protection Systems for your jobsite or facility. Our Fall Protection Specialists offer installation services, ensuring the equipment you purchased is properly installed. We can also train your workers and supervisors on how to properly maintain and work the safety equipment. You can choose to utilize all of our services or just one to bring your facility up to OSHA standards.
What Can We Offer You?
We are proud of our culture. We believe in our employees and understand that when they are engaged and they are happy - they will thrive and our business will grow.
Our corporate culture includes:
- A strong, collaborative work environment
- Training, training and more training
- Development programs created to empower our team
- Life-long friendships
Lighthouse Safety provides great benefits:
- 401k plan with company match
- Multiple health plans to choose from, starting at $0 per pay
- Health Savings Account
Join our team and grow with us, there is a world of possibilities
Lighthouse Safety is an equal opportunity employer