Do you want to be part of a company that focuses on the growth and development of its employees?Do you want to be part of a company that is excited about change?Join the Kee Safety team as our newest Estimator/Project Support for our Ground Based Systems in our Buffalo, NY office.
Who is Kee Safety?
Separating People from Hazards is our life’s work. Kee Safety, Inc. is the North American business operation of Kee Safety, Ltd. in the United Kingdom. We maintain a strong sales presence here in the USA with our manufacturing and warehouse center headquartered in Buffalo, New York.
Kee Safety is the leading global supplier of safety systems and solutions. When you join the Kee Safety Team, you are not only aligning yourself with the leading safety and fall prevention experts in North America but with people who are passionate about fall prevention, safety, and who care about their company and its customers.
What Can We Offer You?
We are most proud of our employees and our culture. We believe in our employees and understand that when they are engaged and they are happy - they will thrive and our business will grow.
Our corporate culture includes:
- A strong, collaborative work environment
- Training and development opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Life-long friendships
- Our Kee Giving Sponsorship Program: Kee Safety will donate to community initiatives that employees support outside of work
Kee Safety provides some of the best benefits around:
- 401k plan with excellent match and bonus contribution
- A comprehensive benefits program that includes medical plans starting at $0, vision and dental coverage, life and disability coverage paid 100% by the Company
- Paid holiday, vacation and sick time
The Project Estimator Sales Specialist position is responsible for estimating ground-based safety systems. They will work in unison with the Sales Manager-Ground Based Safety Systems from project inception until delivery. The main skill requirements include site construction drawing comprehension and computer software aptitude. They will be responsible for coordinating multiple projects simultaneously both internally (sales/operations) as well as externally providing professional customer service throughout each project’s lifecycle. The position also requires the ability to independently generate high probability leads via commercial construction data and analytics software. Software use will include MS Office 360, Stack (Takeoff), Dodge Data and Analytics (Lead Generation), and ZoHo CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Develop a clear understanding of our entire product line and how to best utilize during project design and estimation process
- Provide professional effective communication with current customers and potential clients while understanding how to best meet their project objectives, schedules, costs, etc.
- Independently read and comprehend architectural, site and mechanical construction drawings as well as project specifications
- Develop and prepare conceptual estimates with minimal assistance using limited design documents/information
- Independently prepare detailed accurate quantity take-offs and provide effective easy to understand quotes of safety systems utilizing required software.
- Communicate with internal staff, or directly with vendors, to obtain accurate subcontracted material and labor pricing with lead times
- Monitor and follow up on pending quotes and orders to ensure a closed loop within each project
- Meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Complete all work in conformance with Company and Department policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum 2-year degree completion in drafting, construction, or engineering program and/or equivalent experience is desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must understand general architectural/civil construction drawings
- Have a working knowledge of pertinent building codes with emphasis on OSHA, IBC, and ADA a plus.
- Detail oriented with the ability to focus on quality and accuracy
- Dedicated, well organized, able to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
- Maintain professionalism when faced with aggressive deadlines
- Ability to interact, develop, and maintain a positive professional relationship with all levels of personnel, both internal and external
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning
- Experience using construction management software (Dodge Data and Analytics) a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving, and analytical skills
Special/Particular Requirements (safety, physical, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While the position is primarily performed in an office environment, there may be occasions where the employee may be required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance or lift.
- The employee may be required to visit jobsites where adherence to all safety regulations (wear appropriate PPE, etc.) is required.
To be a successful Project Estimator, the following qualities are critical to the role:
- Customer focused attitude
- Effective communicator
- Organized and detail oriented
- Prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
Join our team and grow with us, there is a world of possibilities out there!
Kee Safety Inc., is an equal opportunity employer