JOIN OUR TEAM!Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career? Are you an enthusiastic go getter? Are you ready to be part of a growing team to lead the company into a bright and profitable future?If so, you are ready to join the Safeguard Industries team as our Business Development Rep!
The Business Development Rep is responsible for following up on quotes sent out to Safeguard’s customers by the Estimating team, with the intent of winning new contracts for the Company.
The role is office based, fast paced, and requires a technical, ambitious individual with a commercial mindset and entrepreneurial spirit to focus on following up in a timely fashion on the bids the Estimating team sends out each day. Some travel may be required where needed to support site visits on certain projects.
This is the perfect entry role into the Sales team at Safeguard. You will be mentored, trained and coached to support your success within the team, and the position will allow the right candidate the opportunity to grow into future roles within the Company.
- Navigate online bid portals to search for new and relevant opportunities
- Review and qualify bid invites into new opportunities
- Maintain and update an accurate log of activity in the CRM system
- Work with Estimating Manager to assist with qualifying the bid schedule
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external customers
- Review and understand the quotes sent to customers
- Review, read and understand tender plans and specs
- Manage the sales follow up list on the CRM system
- Engage customers with follow up communication to negotiate contracts and win new business for the Company
- Engage Operations team when a new contract is won to ensure a smooth hand over is in place for the customer and team
Education, Experience and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Technical school or relevant certifications a plus
- An understanding of basic construction industry principles
- 1-2 years of sales experience would be helpful
- Proficiency with MS Office and PDF Editors
- Familiarity with CRM software (i.e. Salesforce, Dynamics, Zoho, etc) would be helpful
As the Inside Sales Associate, your attitude and aptitude are critical. Willingness and a desire to learn new things will be a key factor in your success. Other important characteristics include:
- Customer focused attitude
- Detail oriented, organized
- Authentic communicator
- Ability to prioritize; excellent time management
- Ability to learn on the Job, and to be proactive with homework as needed to support training and development
Who is Safeguard Industries?
Safeguard has been providing fall Protection and safety products and services for over two decades. Initially offering fall protection, we later expanded into safety product sales, in-house freight services and now, Safeguard offers full steel fabrication services for any application. With decades of combined experience, we offer complete workplace safety solutions for any application.Safeguard Industries is committed to providing our customers with the highest level of service, so they’ll always choose us for their fall protection, custom fabrication, engineering and installation needs.What can We Offer You?We are proud of our culture. We believe in our employees and understand that when they are engaged and they are happy - they will thrive and our business will grow.
Our corporate culture includes:
- A strong, collaborative work environment
- Training and development opportunities personal and professional growth
Safeguard provides the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- 401k plan with excellent match
- A comprehensive benefits program that includes medical plans starting at $0 , vision and dental coverage, life and disability coverage paid 100% by the Company
- Paid holiday, vacation and sick time
Join our team and grow with us, there is a world of possibilities! Visit us at: www.safeguard-industries.comSafeguard Industries is an equal opportunity employer PM20