Who is Kee Safety?
Separating People from Hazards is our life’s work. Kee Safety, Inc. is the North American business operation of Kee Safety, Ltd. in the United Kingdom. We maintain a strong sales presence here in the USA with our manufacturing and warehouse center headquartered in Buffalo, New York.
Kee Safety is the leading global supplier of safety systems and solutions. When you join the Kee Safety Team, you are not only aligning yourself with the leading safety and fall prevention experts in North America but with people who are passionate about fall prevention, safety, and who care about their company and its customers.
The Accounting Administrator is responsible for general accounts receivable – including collections and accounts payable as part of the day-to-day requirements. This position interfaces with all work groups within the company as well as other sister companies.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department; as well as other internal and external customers
- Accounts receivable, to include
- Responsible for intercompany account reconciliation
- Make collection calls to delinquent accounts on a regular basis
- Responsible to send out month end customer statements where appropriate
- Responsible for posting customers check to their A/R account
- Responsible for notifying customer service/inside sales when checks are short paid with the appropriate paperwork so that customer service can resolve the issue/issues
- Responsible for posting intercompany wire transfers to the intercompany accounts
- Accounts payable, to include
- Input AP invoices into computer system
- Issue checks to pay vendors on a weekly basis
- Post wire transfer to intercompany accounts
- Audit all freight bills to verify that customer was charged correctly
- Review all vendor invoices for billing errors
- Seek approval from the appropriate personnel for all AP invoices
- Mail morning invoices
- Processing of intercompany invoices including the reconciliation of intercompany accounts at month end
- Perform other tasks as assigned by your supervisor
Education, Experience and Skills
- Associates Degree in accounting or 2-4 years proven accounting experience, preferably in an AR or AP capacity
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
- Experience in a multi-site organization would be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively recognize problems and resolve
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a self-directed, forward thinking and energetic person who is results oriented and capable of professional and detailed follow through. Other qualities of a Successful Accounting Clerk are:
- Must possess a strong pro-active attitude to work, and view the finance function as a truly added value function within a business
- The ability to learn and adapt in a growing environment
- A thirst for knowledge, especially for career development
- Professional interaction with staff all times
Kee Safety Inc., is an equal opportunity employer